There are 4 simple steps to certification, and each of the steps has useful documents to help you along the way.
1. Understanding The Standard
Face to face
• Book an initial meeting with a consultant from The Information Standard to explain the Standard in greater detail
2. Reviewing your current processes
• Complete the online self-audit tool to understand your current compliance with the 18 clauses of The Standard. This will enable you to develop a detailed action plan.
3. Preparing for certification
Contact a Certification Body
• Select one of the three Certification Bodies to help you through the certification process
Sign up with the Certification Body
• Sign a contract with your chosen Certification Body and agree your action plan and timeline – the time period from sign up to certification is a maximum of 9 months
• Contact The Information Standard Support Team and book a visit to help prepare for your pre-assessment audit
• Book a pre-assessment with your Certification Body in case you have any non-conformities
Audit/medical evidence check
• The Certification Body will conduct a full audit of your process and send medical evidence to be checked
• It is expected that 28 days after your assessment you will become fully certified
• If you need further guidance and support, our Support Managers are available on site at no cost, both pre and post certification to assist you in ensuring your information production continues to meet the requirements of The Standard.
Last updated: 15/04/2013